|MODEL 9049-3M LED LIGHT BARPRINT|
Introducing the world's first street-legal LED light bar
LED light bars have been a popular upgrade in recent years not only because of the illumination they provide, but because of the unique look they add to a vehicle.
They're a symbol of the freedom and excitement that comes from conquering the trails and looking good doing it. Over time, dozens of lighting manufacturers have introduced their own spin on the LED light bar, but none of them have been able to create a street-legal light bar...until now.
J.W. Speaker developed the Model 9049-3M with value in mind. The way we see it, if you're going to invest in a high-quality LED light bar, you might as well buy something that you can use both on-road and off-road.
The Model 9049-3M features the heavy-duty construction you'd expect from an off-road product paired with a high-performance and precise beam pattern that satisfies SAE standards for on-road use, making it ideal for rigs that double as a daily driver.
Because this product is the first of its kind, we've received a lot of questions about its legality. Here's a quick run-down of the most important facts:
- FMVSS 108 (the standards used by the DOT here in the U.S.) does not cover fog lights.
- The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), however, does have standards covering fog lights (SAE J583 specifically).
- Since there isn't a national law governing fog lights, individual states may choose to follow SAE standards (and many do).
- The Model 9049-3M is a single lamp assembly, not three separate assemblies, so it counts as a single auxiliary light.
- The Model 9049-3M has a SAE-compliant beam pattern, making it legal in states that recognize SAE standards for fog lights.
- Please note that WHERE you mount the Model 9049-3M on your vehicle is important. Please double-check the laws in your jurisdiction to be sure you're properly mounting the light